Steamboat Ski Area snow report for Friday, Dec. 21
December 21, 2012
The Morningside chairlift opens Friday.
According to the 5 a.m. snow report, the mountain is now 85 percent open.
No new snow in the past 24 hours
Past 48 hours: 1 inch
Recommended Stories For You
Base: 35 inches
Total snow: 93.75 inches
Lifts and trails
14 lifts are open
144 trails are open
As of 5 a.m., it was 17 degrees at mid-mountain.
Avalanche danger is considerable in the backcountry.
The Colorado Avalanche Information Center is reporting two observed avalanches Thursday on Buffalo Pass.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Newly formed group advocates to slow trail building in Routt National Forest to protect wildlife
- Routt County real estate sales total $19.5M for Oct. 12 to 18, 2018
- Warm, dry year breaks records in the Yampa River Basin
- Top 10 stories of the week: Longtime business closes, Steamboat Resort news and wilderness rescue
- ‘Very drunk or on drugs’: The Record for Saturday, Oct. 20, 2018