Steamboat Briefs: Workshop on reputation scheduled for Oct. 17
October 10, 2009
The Young Professionals Network and Steamboat Ski and Resort Corp. are hosting a presentation called “Managing Your Professional Reputation: What They Say When You’re Not There” from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Oct. 17 at the Steamboat Springs Community Center. Presenter Shari Harley runs Candor Matters, a Denver-based training and consultant business.
Tickets are $25 for YPN members and $50 for nonmembers. They’re available at the Chamber visitor center. Contact Marion for more information at marion@steamboat chamber.com or 875-7008.
Planned Parenthood offers reduced-cost breast exams
October is Breast Health Awareness Month. In honor of that, Planned Parenthood of Steamboat is reminding the community its health center offers reduced-cost wellness exams, including breast screenings, for qualified clients who are uninsured and 40 to 64 years old. Planned Parenthood also will teach patients how to do a breast self-exam.
Planned Parenthood is at 1104 Lincoln Ave. Call 879-2212.
Bust of Steamboat seeks sponsors for Oct. 30 event
The Bust of Steamboat is looking for presenting sponsors for the eighth annual Bust of Steamboat on Oct. 30 at Three Peaks Bar and Grill.
Sponsorships are available at all levels and may include tickets to the auction, your business featured on the event poster and in the evening’s auction program, and display advertising.
Recommended Stories For You
The Bust of Steamboat is organized by the Yampa Valley Breast Cancer Awareness Project, a volunteer organization where 100 percent of the funds stay local and help pay for mammograms, wellness exams and treatment in the fight against breast cancer. For more information about how to get involved, call Deb Curd at 846-5696 or visit http://www.thebust ofsteamboat.org.
Donations of pink scarves sought to benefit charity
Donations of pink scarves are appreciated to benefit the Yampa Valley Breast Cancer Coalition, which will sell the scarves at Epilogue Book Co. to raise funds for the annual Bust of Steamboat event. Donations of pink scarves can be dropped off at the bookstore. Scarves will be for sale at the bookstore and then at the Bust of Steamboat, which is Oct. 30th at Three Peaks Grill. Call Marilyn at 970-870-3262 for details.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Check out some of Steamboat’s top sledding spots
- Steamboat Ski Area Scholarship Day sets record
- Down, set…hike! Former NFLers calling Steamboat home
- Steamboat ice castle to grow from the ground up in Ski Time Square this winter
- Tales from the Tread: Margaret Duncan Brown: Shepherdess of the Elk River Valley
- Steamboat resident Mark Satkiewicz back home and alive after near-death experience
- Steamboat tennis icon Jim Swiggart dies at 69
- Funding for direct summer Houston flight the first casualty of 2A not passing
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife removes sick mountain lion kitten from private home
- Brian Kotowski: Plastic bags, silly walks