Steamboat briefs: Race to benefit Cody St. John Foundation today
April 4, 2009
Race to benefit Cody St. John Foundation today
“Cody’s Challenge,” a ski endurance race to benefit the Cody St. John Foundation, begins with registration from 7 to 7:45 a.m. at Steamboat Ski Area, before the endurance race up and down Mount Werner begins at 8 a.m. at the base of the gondola. A post-race event begins at 5 p.m. at Bear River Bar & Grill, where $20 buys all-you-can-eat chili, two beers and a chance at prizes. Call Kyle at 846-9250.
Teen Battle of the Bands slated for 9 p.m. May 15
The sixth annual Teen Battle of the Bands is scheduled for 9 p.m. May 15 at the Steamboat Grand Resort Hotel. The event will feature teen bands from Steamboat Springs, Hayden, South Routt and Craig. Each band must have a three-song set. Local musicians and other sound aficionados will judge bands on originality, musicianship, sound, lyrics and appearance. The city of Steamboat Springs teen programs, the Steamboat Pilot & Today Teen Style section and Z Rock are sponsoring the event. Registration begins in May. Call 879-4300 for details.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Newly formed group advocates to slow trail building in Routt National Forest to protect wildlife
- Routt County real estate sales total $19.5M for Oct. 12 to 18, 2018
- Warm, dry year breaks records in the Yampa River Basin
- Top 10 stories of the week: Longtime business closes, Steamboat Resort news and wilderness rescue
- ‘Very drunk or on drugs’: The Record for Saturday, Oct. 20, 2018