Steamboat Briefs: More students absent at Strawberry Park school
October 8, 2009
The absentee numbers increased Wednesday at Strawberry Park Elementary School to 106 students, nearly 22 percent of the student body, said Dot Haberlan, of the Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association. On Tuesday, 97 students stayed home sick.
Haberlan, who oversees health services for all Routt County schools, said the absentee numbers Wednesday at the other Steamboat schools remained at or below levels typical for this time of year – between 5 percent and 10 percent of the study body.
At Soda Creek Elementary School, 33 students, or 7 percent of the student body, were home sick.
Haberlan added that no faculty members were home sick.
District officials have said the high absentee rates at some schools in the past couple of weeks are not a swine flu outbreak, but are a result of a variety of illnesses.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Newly formed group advocates to slow trail building in Routt National Forest to protect wildlife
- Warm, dry year breaks records in the Yampa River Basin
- Routt County real estate sales total $19.5M for Oct. 12 to 18, 2018
- ‘Very drunk or on drugs’: The Record for Saturday, Oct. 20, 2018
- 8th annual Wellness Conference focuses on resources for caregivers