Steamboat briefs for Oct. 3
October 3, 2007
Steamboat Springs — Vision 2030 meetings scheduled for November
Vision 2030 community meetings are scheduled throughout Routt County in November, as part of the Vision 2030 update and discovery of what we value in our valley. Come and make your voice heard about what you believe makes the Yampa Valley special, and what values you think should be considered in future planning, growth and development. Meetings will feature discussion groups and keypad polling to let every idea and opinion be heard. A light supper and childcare will be provided.
All meetings are from 6 to 9 p.m., at the following dates and locations:
– North Routt: Nov. 1 at Fire Station Two at Steamboat Lake
– Steamboat Springs: Nov. 7 at Olympian Hall in Howelsen Lodge
– Steamboat Springs: Nov. 8 at Christian Heritage School
Recommended Stories For You
– Hayden: Nov. 12 in Exhibit Hall at the Routt County Fairgrounds
– Oak Creek: Nov. 13 at Soroco High School
For those interested in volunteering to assist with the meetings, a special community training will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 20 at Trappeurs Crossing in Steamboat.
Fourth quarter USDA commodities now available
USDA commodities are being distributed for the fourth quarter of 2007 at LIFT-UP of Routt County offices in Steamboat Springs, Hayden and Oak Creek, through the Emergency Food Assistance Program. Eligible households may receive Assistance Program foods once per quarter. This quarterly distribution ends Dec. 31. Food will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis. Call 870-8804, between 1 and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, to inquire about income-eligibility and hours of operation for each office.
Three vacancies on Routt County Fair Board
The Routt County Fair Board has three vacancies. Two vacancies are at-large positions that expire Dec. 31, in 2008 and 2009. The third vacancy is for District 3, which includes Steamboat Springs, and expires Dec. 31, 2008. Meetings are the second Wednesday of every month. The Fair Board is a nine-member board responsible for the management of the fairgrounds, and planning and executing the annual Routt County Fair. Call Jill at 276-3068.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Water release allows Yampa River to reopen to recreation, with restrictions
- Routt County real estate transactions: Aug. 10 to 16, 2018
- Steamboat Springs High School sophomore sells steer for $8k at livestock sale
- Inspection delays start of classes at Steamboat Springs Middle School
- Proposed Breckenridge short-term rental rule requires 1-hour response time for complaints