Steamboat briefs for July 20
July 20, 2007
Hayden man arrested in marijuana case
A 20-year-old Hayden man was arrested Wednesday night on suspicion of providing marijuana to a minor.
Hayden Police Chief Ray Birch said Jeremy Travis Retter was arrested at his apartment in the 300 block of W. Lincoln at about 6:30 p.m. after one of Retter’s relatives called police to report the smell of marijuana coming from the home.
Hayden police Officer Darin Falk later contacted Retter and another minor at Hayden Town Park.
After interviewing Retter and finding some marijuana in his home, Retter was arrested on suspicion of felony contributing to the delinquency of a minor and misdemeanor possession of less than 1 ounce of marijuana, Birch said.
Birch said he hopes Retter’s arrest will send a message to the community.
Recommended Stories For You
“We will continue to aggressively investigate all drug activity, especially that involving our kids, to protect them and keep them safe,” he said.
Retter’s bond was set at $10,000 during a Routt County Court hearing Thursday. He is scheduled to appear in court at 1 p.m July 25.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Iconic Steamboat auctioneer Cookie Lockhart says everything must go
- Hunter trampled by horse rescued from Flat Tops Wilderness Area on Sunday
- A survivor’s story: A positive outlook can aid recovery
- A survivor’s story: Focus on what’s important
- Steamboat Resort gets final Forest Service approval for additional lifts, expanded terrain