Sandy Schwindy: No duplication
October 17, 2007
Like many of you, my thoughts on the proposed recreation center vacillate frequently. However, I now believe we should vote down the recreation center, as proposed, and here’s why.
It’s a matter of duplication. According to the plans for the facility, several items will be duplicated. Why should voters who have the opportunity to join Old Town Hot Springs or any other fitness center in town, pay for a facility they may not use?
I think we need to go back to the drawing board and add or delete items so we aren’t duplicating what we already have. God knows we have enough fitness centers in this town. How about adding a resistance pool and squash and racquetball courts? Now that’s a novel idea.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Popularity of electric bikes accelerates in Steamboat Springs
- Steamboat Springs High School sophomore sells steer for $8k at livestock sale
- City Council hopes to reach final terms on West Steamboat annexation agreement
- Naked man running around: The Record for Sunday, Aug. 19, 2018
- Routt County real estate sales total $19.2M for Aug. 10 to 16, 2018