Routt County spotlight: Mary Ann Salaz
October 11, 2009
Occupation: Teller – or fancy pants title: customer service representative
Place of birth: Glenwood Springs
Q. When did you move to Routt County, and what brought you here?
A. Moved back in March. … I took a wrong turn and ended up here. The mountains are what’s keeping me here.
Q. Describe your morning routine.
Recommended Stories For You
A. Wake me up before you go go. … I stretch one, two, three; go to the bathroom; brush my teeth, gotta have them clean; put on my clothes; dress my eyes (have to show off the baby browns); and then put on my kicks and head out for my morning walk to work.
Q. Has a book ever changed your life? What was it and why?
A. “The Giving Tree,” by Shel Silverstein : good message
Q. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
A. “Take it Easy.”
Q. What three things would you want people to know about you?
A. 1. I like cheese
2. I’m short, so now everyone knows
3. Shenanigans are fun
Q. If you could invite any four people to dinner, who would they be and what would you talk about?
A. Ren and Stimpy (they count as one), Chris Farley, Stephen King, Dracula. … We’d probably talk about farts and blood.
Q. Do you collect anything?
Q. In the Meatloaf song, “I’d do anything for love, but I won’t do that,” what is that?
A. Pick your nose for you.
Q. What was your first job?
A. Working retail in a clothing store. … You’d think I’d have better style.
Q. Who is your favorite superhero? Why?
A. Spider-Man. He crawls on walls, and if I fell, he’d catch me with his web.
Q. Do you have a tattoo? If so, what of and why did you choose it?
A. There are so many, where do I start? Stinky Cheese Man, Ugly Duckling, phoenix, heart, star with astrological sign (Virgo the Virgin), orchids. Why did I choose these? The question should be, why not?
Q. If you could go back in time, to what event or time period would you go?
A. Where everyone was in black and white … color has caused problems.
Book: “Salem’s Lot,” by Stephen King
Song: “Deville,” Strung Out
Vacation spot: Hood River, Ore.
Movie: Tough one, so many to choose from, but if I do, “Blazing Saddles”
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Check out some of Steamboat’s top sledding spots
- Steamboat ice castle to grow from the ground up in Ski Time Square this winter
- Down, set…hike! Former NFLers calling Steamboat home
- Steamboat Ski Area Scholarship Day sets record
- Tales from the Tread: Margaret Duncan Brown: Shepherdess of the Elk River Valley
- Steamboat resident Mark Satkiewicz back home and alive after near-death experience
- Steamboat tennis icon Jim Swiggart dies at 69
- Funding for direct summer Houston flight the first casualty of 2A not passing
- Brian Kotowski: Plastic bags, silly walks
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife removes sick mountain lion kitten from private home