Pioneer Picnic in Hayden on Sunday
July 4, 2007
Hayden — The Pioneer Picnic is moving to Hayden for a two-year stint and will be held at noon Sunday at the Hayden Middle School cafeteria. The Hayden Heritage Center is hosting the event.
Descendants of Routt County’s first pioneers originally held the Pioneer Picnic in the early 1960s. Judy Green, a board member for the Hayden Heritage Center, said anyone is welcome to attend the picnic.
“It’s really for anyone who would like to come and reminisce about old times,” Green said. “New people are welcome.”
The picnic rotates between Hayden, Steamboat Springs and South Routt, spending two years in each location. Green said 77 people attended last year’s picnic in Steamboat, and she hopes for at least 50 people this year. No reservations are required to attend the event.
Green said meat and drinks will be provided through the Pioneer Picnic fund. Guests are asked to bring a side dish. Guests also are encouraged to bring historic family photographs and copies of old family recipes to share with other guests.
Green said her favorite thing about the Pioneer Picnic is “reminiscing and telling about families and how they came to the country” and “stories of survival.”
Recommended Stories For You
For more information on the Pioneer Picnic, call Judy Green at 276-3323.
– To reach Brandon Gee, call 871-4210
or e-mail email@example.com.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Iconic Steamboat auctioneer Cookie Lockhart says everything must go
- Steamboat Resort gets final Forest Service approval for additional lifts, expanded terrain
- Steamboat woman recovering after series of strokes, heart attack
- Former Wing-Time owner hoping his new venture will take flight
- Routt County real estate sales total $12.6M for Oct. 5 to 11, 2018