Marabou Ranch’s mountain bike trails open to public beginning Tuesday
June 1, 2010
Steamboat Springs — Marabou Ranch land preservation subdivision's mountain biking trails typically are off-limits to the public, but as has become tradition the past three years, the private development is opening its trails to riders in the week leading up to the June 9 Town Challenge Mountain Bike race there.
The trails officially open to the public today. They'll be open to riders from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. through next Tuesday, June 8. All riders must sign a waiver before riding at Marabou, and they also must check-in at the Outfitter's Cabin at the ranch entrance off Routt County Road 42 west of Steamboat Springs.
The trails will be closed to the public for the remainder of the season after the conclusion of the June 9 Town Challenge race.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Check out some of Steamboat’s top sledding spots
- Down, set…hike! Former NFLers calling Steamboat home
- Steamboat ice castle to grow from the ground up in Ski Time Square this winter
- Steamboat Ski Area Scholarship Day sets record
- Tales from the Tread: Margaret Duncan Brown: Shepherdess of the Elk River Valley
- Steamboat resident Mark Satkiewicz back home and alive after near-death experience
- Steamboat tennis icon Jim Swiggart dies at 69
- Funding for direct summer Houston flight the first casualty of 2A not passing
- Brian Kotowski: Plastic bags, silly walks
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife removes sick mountain lion kitten from private home