Lincoln Avenue construction updates
October 21, 2009
Steamboat Springs — Mainstreet Steamboat Springs provided these construction updates in an e-mail this morning:
Pedestrians will not be able to cross Lincoln Avenue at Fifth Street because that light will be set to flash to improve traffic flows, and there won’t be a flagger there to help them cross.
Fifth to Sixth streets will be closed in the morning only on the north side of Lincoln Avenue (no vehicle turns onto or off of Lincoln) but will remain open to local traffic and parking.
Eighth and Ninth streets will remain closed on the north side of Lincoln (open to local traffic and parking, just not turns onto or off of Lincoln).
The project will be ending for the winter on Nov. 13 and resuming as weather allows in the spring, finishing in late June. A public meeting is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Centennial Hall. The Colorado Department of Transportation, city of Steamboat Springs officials and Scott Contracting will be on hand to discuss questions and concerns.
Those interested can follow the updates on Twitter at @US40SB.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Economist: Smartwool departure a ‘hiccup’ in local outdoor recreation industry
- Former Steamboat resident gets 18 years in prison for murder of husband
- Horse euthanized after being injured during Steamboat rodeo
- Silver Creek Fire explodes to more than 3,000 acres
- Hayden tiny home project becoming a reality