Lezin, Zaleski win city titles
November 20, 2008
Valerie Lezin wrapped up the 2008 Steamboat City Singles and Doubles Championship tennis tournament Tuesday by defeating Darby Dale-Burger in the Women’s 3.5 singles. Lezin, who advanced to the Class 3A state tennis tournament last spring while playing for Steamboat Springs High School, beat Dale-Burger, 6-3, 6-3.
Paul Zaleski won the Men’s 3.5 singles championship Sunday, defeating Howard Holtzman in the final match of round-robin play, 6-1, 6-1. Zaleski added the singles title to his 3.5 doubles championship. There, he partnered with Hal Chase to win the title.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Economist: Smartwool departure a ‘hiccup’ in local outdoor recreation industry
- Hayden tiny home project becoming a reality
- Water release allows Yampa River to reopen to recreation, with restrictions
- Man seriously injured in South Routt motorcycle crash
- Former Steamboat resident gets 18 years in prison for murder of husband