Holiday Dessert Bake-off: Tera Swartz’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
November 6, 2012
Tera Swartz’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
3 eggs (well beaten)
1 cup of raisins
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
Recommended Stories For You
1 cup of white sugar
2 1/2 of cup flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of nutmeg (optional)
2 teaspoons of baking soda
2 cups of oatmeal
1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine beaten eggs, raisins and vanilla in a bowl and let stand for approximately one hour. Combine flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and oatmeal. Set aside. Cream together butter and sugars until a light, fluffy mixture is created. Add flour mixture until just combined. Blend in egg-raisin mixture and chocolate chips. Dough will be stiff.
Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Yields 6 dozen.
This recipe is NOT for high altitude. To convert to high altitude reduce baking soda from 2 teaspoons to one teaspoon and reduce both sugars from 1 cup each to 3/4 of a cup each.
The best secret is soaking the raisins.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Newly formed group advocates to slow trail building in Routt National Forest to protect wildlife
- Routt County real estate sales total $19.5M for Oct. 12 to 18, 2018
- Warm, dry year breaks records in the Yampa River Basin
- Top 10 stories of the week: Longtime business closes, Steamboat Resort news and wilderness rescue
- Steamboat tradition transitions as resort moves into new era