Holiday Dessert Bake-off: Robin Stone’s Molasses Sugar Cookies
November 9, 2012
Robin Stone’s Molasses Sugar Cookies
3/4 cups crisco, melted and cooled
1 cup and 2 tablespoons sugar plus additional for forming cookies
1/4 cup molasses
2 cup and 2 tablespoons flour
Recommended Stories For You
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
In a large bowl whisk together the Crisco, 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of the sugar, the molasses and egg. Into a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cloves and ginger.
Stir the flour mixture into the molasses mixture, stirring until the mixture forms a dough. Chill the dough covered for at least two hours or overnight. Roll level tablespoons of the dough into balls, roll the balls in additional sugar, coating them completely and then arrange them 3″ apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
Bake at 375 degrees for 6 minutes or until the tops are cracked and the cookies are just set. Transfer to rack to cool. Makes 35 cookies.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Check out some of Steamboat’s top sledding spots
- Steamboat Springs bars make top 10 list for best après ski
- Mike Lawrence: Paper or … paper? Plastic bags headed for history
- Steamboat ice castle to grow from the ground up in Ski Time Square this winter
- Best of the Boat: Joe Patrick Robbins & Associates is best architect