Holiday Dessert Bake-off: Laura Sankey’s Maple Pralines
November 12, 2012
Laura Sankey’s Maple Pralines
Whether you're a Northerner or Southerner, these candies deliver a taste of home. A twist on classic pralines, with delicious pure maple syrup and chocolate, made even easier, with all cooking done in the microwave.
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2/3 cup half and half
1/8 teaspoon salt
Recommended Stories For You
2 tablespoons butter
1 ½ cup toasted chopped pecans
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
In a large, microwave safe bowl, combine brown sugar, maple syrup, cream, salt and margarine. Stir together. Microwave for 4 minutes on high, stir, return to microwave for another 4 minutes. Let rest 1 minute. Stir in pecans and stir for 3 minutes. Drop by teaspoon onto buttered wax paper.
Microwave chips in microwave safe bowl on 50 percent power for 1 minute. Stir until melted.
Drizzle chocolate mixture over pralines. Allow chocolate to harden.
Makes 3 dozen candies
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Newly formed group advocates to slow trail building in Routt National Forest to protect wildlife
- Warm, dry year breaks records in the Yampa River Basin
- Routt County real estate sales total $19.5M for Oct. 12 to 18, 2018
- ‘Very drunk or on drugs’: The Record for Saturday, Oct. 20, 2018
- 8th annual Wellness Conference focuses on resources for caregivers