Holiday Dessert Bake-off: Joanne Erickson’s Cranberry Holiday Dessert
November 9, 2012
Joanne Erickson’s Cranberry Holiday Dessert
2 cups chopped cranberries
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Recommended Stories For You
2 large eggs
2/4 cups (1.5 sticks) melted butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon almond extract (if don't have use vanilla)
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put the chopped cranberries and walnuts and 1/2 cup sugar in a heavily buttered 10-inch pie plate or springform pan.
Mix 2 large eggs, 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) melted and cooled butter, 1 cup sugar, one cup flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract.
Stir the batter until it is smooth and pour it over the cranberry pecan mixture.
Bake the cake in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes,
Reduce heat to 350 degrees, bake for another 30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Economist: Smartwool departure a ‘hiccup’ in local outdoor recreation industry
- Former Steamboat resident gets 18 years in prison for murder of husband
- Horse euthanized after being injured during Steamboat rodeo
- Silver Creek Fire explodes to more than 3,000 acres
- Hayden tiny home project becoming a reality