Holiday Dessert Bake-off: Jill Waldman’s Rugula
November 9, 2012
Jill Waldman’s Rugula
1 ¼ cups of flour
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup of sugar (4 ounces)
Recommended Stories For You
¼ pound of butter (1 stick)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
Chop the butter in small pieces and place in mixing bowl of a food processor with the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Pulse a few times. Add vanilla and lemon juice. Pulse again.
With processor running (on) add the egg and continue mixing until the dough forms a ball.
Divide into two discs and wrap the dough in plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator several hours or overnight or if you are pinched for time in freezer for an hour. Heat oven to 360 degrees. Roll out each disc of dough into a circle to 1/8-inch thickness.
Spread on your toppings; jam, nuts, coconut, chocolate chips, etc. Use your imagination!
Cut the circle into 12 equal parts using a pizza cutter. Carefully roll up the cookies and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes turning the pan every five minutes.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Check out some of Steamboat’s top sledding spots
- Steamboat Springs bars make top 10 list for best après ski
- Mike Lawrence: Paper or … paper? Plastic bags headed for history
- Steamboat ice castle to grow from the ground up in Ski Time Square this winter
- Best of the Boat: Joe Patrick Robbins & Associates is best architect