Holiday Dessert Bake-off: Bethany DeBlasis’ Low Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
November 9, 2012
Bethany DeBlasis’ Low Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
1 cup pureed pumpkin pulp
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup packed brown sugar
Recommended Stories For You
2 1/2 Cups Flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup chocolate chips
In a bowl, beat pureed pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, and applesauce until well blended.
In seperate bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
Little by little add dry mixture to wet mixture. Stir in chocolate chips until evenly dispersed in mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick can be inserted in to middle of loaf and be removed cleanly. Let cool 20 minutes and remove from pan.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Iconic Steamboat auctioneer Cookie Lockhart says everything must go
- Hunter trampled by horse rescued from Flat Tops Wilderness Area on Sunday
- A survivor’s story: A positive outlook can aid recovery
- A survivor’s story: Focus on what’s important
- Steamboat Resort gets final Forest Service approval for additional lifts, expanded terrain