Holiday Dessert Bake-off: Angela Koss’ Peppermint Molasses Cookies
November 9, 2012
Angela Koss’ Peppermint Molasses Cookies
1 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 large eggs
1/2 cup molasses
Recommended Stories For You
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup crushed peppermint candy canes
In a large bowl mix butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Add eggs and molasses mix until well blended.
Then, in separate bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, baking soda and salt. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture and beat just until dough comes together. Stir in peppermint candy. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and freeze until dough is firm, about 45 minutes.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on buttered baking sheets. Bake cookies at 350 degrees until lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes.
Put cookies on wire rack to cool immediately. Once cool, drizzle with Peppermint Icing. Sprinkle with crushed candy cane.
Makes about 4 dozen.
In a bowl, mix 1 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, and ¼ teaspoon vanilla until well blended.
Stir in 1 tablespoon finely crushed peppermint candy cane and 1 teaspoon red food coloring. Makes 1/2 cup.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Steamboat tradition transitions as resort moves into new era
- Historic Arnold Barn moves to new home near base of Steamboat Resort
- Top 10 stories of the week: Longtime business closes, Steamboat Resort news and wilderness rescue
- Routt County real estate sales total $19.5M for Oct. 12 to 18, 2018
- Warm, dry year breaks records in the Yampa River Basin