Halloween events in Steamboat Springs
October 28, 2014
Steamboat Springs — In Steamboat Springs, Halloween is not only a holiday for kids, but adults, too. Dressed in every disguise imaginable, residents take to the streets — or rather, a street.
For more than 30 years, Lincoln Avenue has been a site where goblins, ghosts, princesses and characters of every kind roam from door to door gathering candy.
"There is nothing like it," Mainstreet Steamboat Springs Manager Tracy Barnett said. "People just get so creative and go out of their way to come up with new costumes every year."
For kids and families looking for a Halloween-themed event, the Downtown Stroll offers trick-or-treating for all. Ages 6 and younger are encouraged to take part in the stroll from 5 to 5:30 p.m., and ages 7 and older are welcome from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Candy will be supplied by merchants around town in addition to costume contests.
Check out these other Halloween events for the whole family:
• The Chief Theater will be hosting a Scream Contest in partnership with the Steamboat Springs Arts Council at 6 p.m. Friday. Free candy also will be handed out in the lobby while the bar will be open for the grown-ups. After the stroll, there will be a free family movie in the big theater and a free horror movie for adults in the small theater.
Recommended Stories For You
• Looking for a haunted house for a spooky night of festivities? The Colorado Mountain College's Sky Club will be hosting "X-Screamboat" (Extreme Screamboat) from 6 to 10 p.m. Thursday with a $15 general admission and again Friday for Halloween.
And for adults looking for a watering hole compatible for their ghoulish behavior, check out these places that are hosting special Halloween events:
• Carl’s Tavern, Seventh and Yampa streets, will be hosting a Halloween Party with local bluegrass band Old Town Pickers at 7 p.m. The event is free.
• Daddio's Bar & Grille, 21495 W. U.S. Highway 40 in Milner, will host a Halloween party with live music and a costume contest at 8 p.m. The event is free.
Karma Wine Bar and Lounge, downstairs at 737 Lincoln Ave., will host a Halloween Spectacular with the Ghetdown Network at 10 p.m. with a costume contest. The event is free.
• Old Town Pub, 600 Lincoln Ave., will host Halloween with Good Gravy, an electro jam grass band, at 10 p.m. The $10 entry fee also will get patrons into The Tap House Sports Grill, 729 Lincoln Ave., for its Halloween event with DJ Dra La. Attendees will have a chance to win ski passes from a drawing at each location.
• Schmiggity's, 821 Lincoln Ave., will host Denver's super funk band, Rowdy Shadehouse, for an evening of funky originals and lively covers at 10 p.m. Tickets for the show are $10 per person.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- $2,600 lost in scam that has targeted 2 Steamboat businesses
- City of Steamboat will not allow 6 unrelated people to live in multifamily unit
- Steamboat bartender is finalist in ‘Legends of Bartending’ competition in Denver
- Hometown business owner hoping to gain an edge with ski-tuning shop Edgewerks
- Water managers try to feed clouds to coax snow from the sky