Greg Rockhold: Thanks to voters
November 12, 2008
Thanks to voters
On behalf of all the students and staff in the South Routt and Hayden school districts, we wish to thank the voters of Steamboat Springs and the surrounding community for their support of referendums 2A and 2B. Referendum 2A allows the half-cent sales tax renewal for educational funding, and 2B approves fund allocation to the neighboring districts of South Routt and Hayden, making tremendous strides toward intercommunity cooperation and the educational advancement of all Routt County students.
The passage of 2B will greatly benefit our schools and students for years to come by granting us the ability to make requests to the Education Fund Board. This referendum will allow our students opportunities that previously were unavailable to them as a result of district financial constraints.
We feel we are blessed to live in such a beautiful area, and this unselfish approval shows us that we are not only blessed with our beautiful surroundings, we are also benefited by having individuals who think beyond themselves and their immediate community. Passage of this measure demonstrates the outstanding spirit of generosity in the people of Steamboat Springs and the commitment to the growth of all Routt County youth.
So we speak as the voice of all the South Routt and Hayden students and staff whose faces you may never see and voices that you may never hear when we sincerely say, thank you again to the community of Steamboat Springs for thinking of our needs. We assure you that our students will enjoy immense benefits from the passage of Referendum 2B, and the finances will be used wisely.
Recommended Stories For You
Hayden School District
South Routt School District superintendent
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Check out some of Steamboat’s top sledding spots
- Tales from the Tread: Margaret Duncan Brown: Shepherdess of the Elk River Valley
- Steamboat ice castle to grow from the ground up in Ski Time Square this winter
- Down, set…hike! Former NFLers calling Steamboat home
- Steamboat Springs bars make top 10 list for best après ski
- Steamboat tennis icon Jim Swiggart dies at 69
- Man found in North Routt County remembered as ‘family man’
- Funding for direct summer Houston flight the first casualty of 2A not passing
- Steamboat council moves forward with plastic bag ban
- Officials believe they’ve discovered body of missing Front Range man