Fishing Rules and Regulations
July 28, 2011
A Colorado fishing license is required for anyone 16 and older. An annual fishing license is $26 for Colorado residents and $56 for nonresidents. Seniors 64 and older who are residents of Colorado can purchase an annual fishing license for $1. Visitors may purchase one-day and five-day licenses. Anyone who purchases a Colorado fishing or hunting license must also purchase a Colorado Wildlife Habitat Stamp for $10.
In water where trout may be kept (Steamboat Lake, for example), the daily bag limit for rainbow, brown and cutthroat trout is four fish, with a possession limit (includes coolers) of eight. The bag and possession limit for brook trout is 10.
Trout caught in the town stretch of the Yampa River must be returned unharmed to the water. Fishing is with flies and lures only.
For more information visit: http://wildlife.state.co.us/Fishing/.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Water release allows Yampa River to reopen to recreation, with restrictions
- Routt County real estate transactions: Aug. 10 to 16, 2018
- Inspection delays start of classes at Steamboat Springs Middle School
- Steamboat Springs High School sophomore sells steer for $8k at livestock sale
- Proposed Breckenridge short-term rental rule requires 1-hour response time for complaints