Eagle voters reject Target, condos
January 6, 2010
Steamboat Springs — The Vail Daily is reporting that residents of the Town of Eagle narrowly voted down the controversial Eagle River Station project, including a Target, Tuesday.
The final results were 1,175 voting against the project and 1,019 in favor of the plan. The newspaper posted the results to its Web site after they became available after 4 a.m. today.
Town Clerk Marilene Miller told the Vail Daily that about 61 percent of Eagle’s 3,585 registered voters cast ballots Tuesday.
Plans for Eagle River Station include 552,000 square feet of commercial space with a Target store, hotel and 581 condos on the east side of town.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Steamboat tradition transitions as resort moves into new era
- Historic Arnold Barn moves to new home near base of Steamboat Resort
- Top 10 stories of the week: Longtime business closes, Steamboat Resort news and wilderness rescue
- Routt County real estate sales total $19.5M for Oct. 12 to 18, 2018
- Warm, dry year breaks records in the Yampa River Basin