Class notes: CMC hosts free classes by local broker Susana Field
April 5, 2009
CMC hosts free classes by local broker Susana Field
Colorado Mountain College’s Alpine Campus will host a series of free classes from Susana Field, a local buyer’s broker. Students are encouraged to call CMC to sign up for the classes, but they also may come on the day of the class.
– Renters vs. Homeowners – Why Buy? And Why Buy Now vs. Later?
– Searching for a Home – How Do I Find the Best Home for My Money?
April 13, 6 to 8 p.m.
– Credit/Mortgages/Financing – What Will it Take For Me to Get a Mortgage?
April 16, 6 to 8 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
– Contracts and Negotiations – What’s All This Fine Print Above My Signature?
– Inspections, Appraisals and Title Work How Do I Make Sure My Home’s Not a Lemon?
April 27, 6 to 8 p.m.
– Settlement Statements and Closing – What Happens on the “Day of Closing”?
April 30, 6 to 8 p.m.
Locations of the classes are to be determined. For more information or to sign up, call CMC at 870-4444.
6th annual Battle of the Bands slated for May 15
The sixth annual Teen Battle of the Bands is scheduled for 9 p.m. May 15 at the Steamboat Grand Resort Hotel. The event will feature teen bands from Steamboat Springs, Hayden, South Routt and Craig. Each band must have a three-song set. Local musicians and other sound aficionados will judge bands on originality, musicianship, sound, lyrics and appearance. The city of Steamboat Springs teen programs, the Steamboat Pilot & Today Teen Style section and Z Rock are sponsoring the event. Registration begins in May. Call 879-4300 for details.
Steamboat swim team to hold tryouts this week
Steamboat Springs Swim Team holds tryouts for new swimmers from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday at Old Town Hot Springs, where sign-up forms are posted. Returning swimmers must mail a completed entry form by March 25 to: SSST, P.O. Box 772117, Steamboat Springs, CO 80477. Forms also are available online at steamboatswimteam.com or in the swim team file cabinet at Old Town Hot Springs. Call Essie at 879-5822 with questions.
South Routt alumni invited to reunion July 5 in Soroco
Alumni of Oak Creek, Yampa and Soroco schools are invited to an all-alumni reunion from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 5 at Soroco High School. Cost is $3 at the door or $16 to include a catered meal that must be paid for before June 15. Contact Wayne Rossi at email@example.com for details.
Wrestling club looking for high school students, adults
The Routt County Wrestling Club is open to high school students and adults and includes folkstyle, freestyle, greco, judo and grappling. Call 819-1263 for more information.
– Christian Heritage School
Monday: Steamboat Smokehouse: Pasta with chicken
Tuesday: Azteca Taqueria: Chicken burrito, tortilla chips, salsa and sour cream
Wednesday: Steamboat Yacht Club: Meatballs, mashed potatoes and gravy, chocolate mousse
Thursday: BeauJo’s Mountain Bistro: pizza
Friday: No lunch, half day
– Steamboat Springs School District
Monday: Asian pork with sweet chili sauce, rice
Tuesday: Chicken fajitas, black beans, rice
Wednesday: Spaghetti with meatballs, garlic bread
Thursday: Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy
Friday: Shrimp and pasta with garlic, chilies, lemon & scallions
– Hayden School District
Monday: Chicken tenders, curly fries, peas & onions, apples
Tuesday: Kung pao chicken, rice noodles, egg rolls, oranges
Wednesday: Submarine sandwiches, mushroom soup, honey carrots, fresh pineapple
Thursday: Hamburgers, tater tots, corn on the cob, peach crisp
Friday: Creamy turkey pasta, three bean salad, lime Jell-o with pears, breadsticks
– South Routt School District
Monday: Sweet & sour pork over rice, egg roll, fruit, fortune cookie
Tuesday: Chicken fajita, refried beans, fruit
Wednesday: Fish patty, garden salad, fruit
Thursday: Easter dinner: Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, peaches, hot roll, ice cream
Friday: Hot dog, baked beans, fruit
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Newly formed group advocates to slow trail building in Routt National Forest to protect wildlife
- Routt County real estate sales total $19.5M for Oct. 12 to 18, 2018
- Warm, dry year breaks records in the Yampa River Basin
- Top 10 stories of the week: Longtime business closes, Steamboat Resort news and wilderness rescue
- Steamboat tradition transitions as resort moves into new era