Big Head Todd to play free concert Dec. 23
October 13, 2009
Steamboat Springs — Big Head Todd & the Monsters will play a free concert on Dec. 23 in Gondola Square at the Steamboat Ski Area during the U.S. Olympic Trials in freestyle and Nordic combined skiing, scheduled for Dec. 23 and 24.
Led by guitarist and singer Todd Park Mohr, Big Head Todd & the Monsters is a Colorado-bred group that has bent the lines of Americana styles for more than 20 years.
In a news release Tuesday, Andy Wirth, senior vice president of sales and marketing for Steamboat Ski and Resort Corp., said: “The quartet’s : blend of rock, folk, blues and soul have earned the band worldwide popularity with a wide musical audience, especially here in the Yampa Valley.”
The band is Todd Park Mohr on guitar, keys, saxophone and vocals; Brian Nevin on percussion and vocals; Rob Squires on bass and vocals; and Jeremy Lawton on keyboard, vocals and steel guitar. Big Head Todd & the Monsters performed in Steamboat Springs for a benefit concert in March 2007, and appeared as part of the 2005 Steamboat Springs Free Summer Concert Series.
Listen to music from 12 of the band’s live, studio and archive albums at http://www.bigheadtodd.com/music/listenforfree. Watch part of the band’s 2008 concert at Red Rocks Amphitheatre at http://www.steamboatpilot.com or http://www.exploresteamboat.com.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Popularity of electric bikes accelerates in Steamboat Springs
- Steamboat Springs High School sophomore sells steer for $8k at livestock sale
- City Council hopes to reach final terms on West Steamboat annexation agreement
- Naked man running around: The Record for Sunday, Aug. 19, 2018
- Routt County real estate sales total $19.2M for Aug. 10 to 16, 2018