The election is Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2022. Use this page to learn about the candidates, the ballot issues, how and where to vote and live results on Election Day. ➡️ Scroll to the bottom of this page to view information on how and where to vote.
Routt County Commissioner – District 3
Routt County Sheriff
- Doug Scherar (D)
- Garrett Wiggins (R)
Routt County Clerk and Recorder
Routt County Treasurer
- Lane Iacovetto (R)
Routt County Assessor
- Gary Peterson (R)
Routt County Surveyor
- Tom Effinger (U)
Routt County Coroner
- Mitch Locke (R)
State Representative – District 26
State Senator – District 8
- Heidi Ganahl/Danny Moore (R)
- Jared Polis/Dianne Primavera (D)
- Paul Noel Fiorino/Cynthia Munhos de Aquino Sirianni (Unity)
- Danielle Neuschwanger/Darryl Gibbs (American Constitution)
- Kevin Ruskusky/Michele Poague (Libertarian)
Secretary of State
- Pam Anderson (R)
- Jena Griswold (D)
- Gary Swing (Unity)
- Jan Kok (Approval Voting)
- Amanda Campbell (American Constitution)
- Bennett Rutledge (Libertarian)
- Dave Young (D)
- Lang Sias (R)
- Anthony J. Delgado (Libertarian)
- John Kellner (R)
- Phil Weiser (D)
- William F. Robinson III (Libertarian)
State Board of Education Member – At large
- Kathy Plomer (D)
- Dan Maloit (R)
- Ryan Van Gundy (Libertarian)
- Eric Bodenstab (Unity)
United States Senator
- Michael Bennet (D)
- Joe O’Dea (R)
- T.J. Cole (Unity)
- Brian Peotter (Libertarian)
- Frank Atwood (Approval Voting)
Representative to the 118th United States Congress – District 2
- Joe Neguse (D)
- Marshall Dawson (R)
- Gary L. Nation (American Constitution)
- Tim Wolf (Unity)
- Steve Yurash (Center)
State Ballot Measures
Amendment D: New 23rd Judicial District Judge
Amendment E: Extend Homestead Exemption to Gold Star Spouses
Amendment F: Changes to Charitable Gaming Operations
Proposition FF: Healthy School Meals for All
Proposition GG: Add Tax Information Table to Petitions and Ballots
Proposition 121: State Income Tax Rate Reduction
Proposition 122: Access to Natural Psychedelic Substances
Local ballot measures
The PDR program started in 1996 when voters initially approved collecting taxes to help conserve open space in the county. Funded by the 1.5 mill levy passed in 2005, the program has used nearly $30 million to get conservation easements on more than 57,000 acres in Routt County.
The question of whether to add a 9% excise tax on short-term rentals that would be used to support affordable and attainable housing projects, including but not limited to the Brown Ranch. If passed, the tax would apply to short-term rental properties and not traditional lodging like hotels.
This ballot measure would remove the revenue cap for the South Routt Library District, which has two branch libraries in Oak Creek and Yampa.
2022 Ballot Information
How and where to vote
Register to vote or check your registration at govotecolorado.com or in person at the Routt County Clerk & Recorder’s Office.
Contact the Routt County Clerk & Recorder’s office at 970-870-5558 for more information.
Ballots may be cast by mail, at drop-off locations or in person at a Voter Service & Polling Center location (see below for locations).
You can track your ballot at coloradoballottrax.com.
All eligible, registered voters will receive a ballot in the mail. Ballots must be received by 7 p.m. Election Day. Postmarks do not count.
• 24-hour drop-off boxes are located in the alley behind the Historic Routt County Courthouse in downtown Steamboat Springs and at 2025 Shield Dr. at the old sheriff’s office parking lot
• The Clark Store, 54175 Routt County Road 129 in Clark*
• Oak Creek Town Hall, 129 Nancy Crawford Blvd. in Oak Creek*
• Hayden Town Hall, 178 W. Jefferson Ave. in Hayden*
• Yampa Town Hall, 101 Main St. in Yampa*
*Ballots dropped at these locations must be done so during regular business hours. Hayden and Oak Creek Town Hall closes at noon on Fridays.
The Voter Service and Polling Centers for the June 28 election will be at the following locations:
Routt County Historic Courthouse, 522 Lincoln Ave., Steamboat Springs
Town of Hayden, 178 W Jefferson Ave, Hayden, CO
Town of Oak Creek, 129 Nancy Crawford Blvd., Oak Creek, CO